Monday, December 12, 2011

Changing brake pads on a Mondeo 2ltr Zetec?

Can anyone give me simple step by step instructions on how to do this please.Changing brake pads on a Mondeo 2ltr Zetec?
What year please? to get the right web page pictures if possible. Or you could consider buying a Haynes Manual from Halfords with step by step instructions.



I only ask because I recently changed the pads on my Rover and I only had to undo two bolts on each set.



The trouble comes when you have to compress the brake pistons so that the callipers fit over the new thicker pads.



You need a lot of leverage. My Rover uses a sliding calliper so only one piston is adjusted on each side. Some cars have four pistons on each calliper... you need four g-cramps/c-cramps and you need to open the top of the brake fluid reservoir and cover it to avoid getting muck into it.



It might be worth the 拢20 that a local mechanic will charge to do it for you. Just buy the pads from a local motor factors (or Halfords) and take them to the mechanic to fit.Changing brake pads on a Mondeo 2ltr Zetec?
1. Get a man to do it
I could tell you but it would take far to tell you than it takes to do it!





拢15 will buy a Haynes manual with full step by step instructions

No comments:

Post a Comment